Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Fitting in

 

meando

Ever wonder how it is that dog just fits into your life?

I mean, you spend your time preparing for one, you pick one out, you bring it home. You provide for it in all the necessary ways, but that doesn’t always mean that the dog you bring home will work for you. You might not mesh. Things may not work out. It happens all the time.

I wonder sometimes, because after Cory, I wanted another pug for a long time, and very badly. I picked out the name Oliver before I even met the pug that would be my Oliver. While I researched who I would be getting him from, knew what I would feed him, everything-  I picked him solely because he was the biggest of the liter and because he was awake and active. In fact, I thought he was an odd looking little punk. I had no instincts that he would be a good fit.

But he is the perfect pug for me. He fits the name Oliver so perfectly. It’s kind of amazing. How exactly does that just work?

Just some random thoughts for you. This comes to mind often for me, but on Monday when I came home for a few hours in the morning, we just laid on the couch together watching tv and I thought again how good of a decision it was to get him.

No comments:

Post a Comment