Monday, March 12, 2012

Separation Anxiety

 

oliver

One thing I noticed early on with Oliver was that he doesn’t deal well with me leaving for extended periods of time. I often receive picture messages of Oliver sitting by the door and waiting when I’ve been away on weekends, and this time, received emails of how Oliver decided that going to the bathroom outside was overrated, even after long, extended walks to prevent any “accidents.” We decided this was his reaction to my decision to leave town for a week on a vacation that was planned months in advance.

I got back from a lovely vacation and was greeted by pee, jumping, and crying. When I sat down on the couch to play with him, he jumped on my back, clawed my hair, and whined. It was quite the reunion. As dramatic as he can be, I’m pretty glad to see him too.

No comments:

Post a Comment